Thursday, November 24, 2011

Stop Multitasking?

Ahhhh!  My brain is fried.  I'm tired and drained from a day of eating, watching movies, and playing Words With Friends.  So why did I just catch myself attempting to multi-task at almost midnight?

I was... (ready?) ...eating a piece of apple pie, while looking through Jillian Michaels book for workouts to start (I know, I know), while thinking of putting dates for workouts on the computer, and so I grabbed the computer and "woke it up", and saw that it was on Dave Ramsey's page, so I read another article, and the layout reminded me of a blog, which made me want to write another blog post.  Instant stress.  An instant topic.  I need to slow down, which is crazy, considering what a "slow" day today was. 

One of my favorite blogs is zenhabits.  I've read multiple posts on NOT multitasking.  As a mother and teacher, there are many times that I can't help but multitask.  Maybe more than one kid needs help with homework, while the dogs decide to wrestle, and I'm attempting to wash dishes or something.  But now... It's quiet.  The kids are in bed.  Why do I still feel the need to multitask?

I think this kid-less multitasking is actually my subconscious attempt at packing as much into my "free" time as possible.  Yet, while I did all these things that I would enjoy had they been done one at a time, I realized I felt really stressed as I did them.  So, tomorrow....... I'm going to try to do one thing at a time, and do it well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment