Saturday, April 9, 2011

Honesty

Honesty's the best policy.
That's what they say, right?
But is it?  And who are THEY, anyway?
Do you want the truth?  Uh...
I just kinda threw up in my mouth.  A little. 
Honestly.

I'm a girl. 
Honest and pretty, right?
Is that what you expect from me?
If only life were that simple.

What a dilemma.  Raising three girls...
Brush your hair, brush your teeth, hurry up, don't be vain.
Uh... But do something with that hair.  Please?

What a pain, literally, right in my gut,
When what I feel and what I think and what I say and how I act...
Collide.

2 comments:

  1. Love this! It feels good to know that amid all of my sometimes exhausting, overabundence of opinions you're actually able to find a bit of inspiration, but I think you're just clever like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. If it weren't for you, I don't think I would sit and write when I feel like screeeeaming. :) And since it's cold, I haven't really been running off my stress. So, thanks for the therapy! :)

    ReplyDelete