Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A Start

I decided to blog based on my love of zenhabits.net.  There was a post recently about starting something.  For myself, often it's my perfectionism that keeps me from starting.  I don't know the perfect name...can't decide what my posts will offer people, etc.  This is my first step in dropping the perfectionism, and starting.  I am a self-proclaimed imperfect perfectionist.  In my quest to focus, I find myself with multi-tasking unavoidable.  I have an impatient (though sweet) eight year old literally hanging over my shoulder waiting to use the computer.  The TV is blasting, a child is playing piano, a husband is cooking and calling kids in from outside to eat.  It's a miracle I have any kind of thought to share.  But it's my start.  :)  From this, I suppose I hope to connect with other people who are on the same journey I am - craving simplicity, loving the complexity, trying to do right by my family while still figuring out how to keep myself together and my spirit focused on what is important.  Now that bossy (though sweet) eight year old says in my ear, "Publish post!"  Food is being served, and I need to end.  A start.  An end to the first post.  Twelve hands, six butts. (LOL) My life.  :)

5 comments:

  1. I got a little panicky when I started blogging for the same reasons. And I was worried what my family would think but after I chose to publicize it I found all my fears were for nothing. It's been very therapeutic! Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your first post. Sweet and down-to-earth. I look forward to reading more about you and your lovely family. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Start... and a very strong one! Love it! I can't wait to be a loyal follower. You have inspired me to start following a blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Sherie. Good luck keeping up with it. You inspired me to start mine as well. But, of course, being the gaming nerd I am, mine is about gaming (at least, to start with).

    ReplyDelete
  5. I guess I'm used to facebook. Where's the "like" button? :) Thanks for the encouragement, ya'll!

    ReplyDelete